It's Time for Meatloaf!

 


When I have ground beef, and don't feel like making American Chop Suey again,  I make a meatloaf or two.  It's a good way to get veggies in.



Nice, old, seasoned cast iron skillet gets oil and a little butter...




and onion and garlic.



Low heat, stir often.




I like to add carrot to the loaf.  The bright color is nice, and the carrot has a sweet flavor...



but, may have gone little overboard on the carrot for this one...




Ground beef, frozen spinach, carrot, onions and garlic.  Oh, and carrot...with some spices. 
Salt & pepper.



I usually add some beef broth, but was out...so I used these beef broth crystals and made my own.




And add...




Season the bottom of the pans with some ketchup and a little sriracha.



I baked for a good long time...about 1 hr and 15 minutes.




Add a little A1 to the top, and voilĂ .  



You can make two and freeze one.  They make great sandwiches as well.  My family ate these two up. 









Comments

Popular Posts