Spinach Tortellini Soup...Thank You Joanna Gaines


Once again, I flipped through my Magnolia Table book, Volume dues, and found a recipe that I could make without heading to the store!!  Such joy! Spinach Tortellini Soup.  
Variation was I used some frozen spinach instead of fresh.  


This soup, soup in general I find, looks so lovely in this beautiful Le Creuset Dutch Oven in the color of Marseille.










It starts with the butter...softened.  Max was very good sitting there while that butter melted just enough in front of the fire.




Dice the onions (I used the shallot I had), and some garlic...  




and sauté.



Added in with those fire roasted tomatoes and some chicken broth with fresh parsley!




Stir - Stir - Stir!





    And, wait...with wine.  Wine NOT???  Ha!



Add the tortellini once the broth has had time to simmer.





Now, here's the problem...
I normally add the noodles to any soup after the pasta has been cooked, and cooled, considerably.  This recipe calls for the tortellini to be added in then simmer.  I added it at the very end, and it did sit a while since not everyone was yet home for dinner.  It was perfect by the time we sat down to eat.  

However, the next day, there was NO broth left.  It had all been absorbed.  I'll make a new broth today and, hopefully, it will have some of the flavor of the original...but, you may not want to add the tortellini all at once...maybe just before serving.  








 

Comments

Popular Posts