Instant Pot Pulled Pork

 

Today in Central Texas, we have a real wintery day.  SNOW!  And lots of it.  So, even though my solar panels aren't pulling any sunlight in, I am still going to take the day to cook.  Fire is roaring in the fire place, and pork is pressurizing in the Instant Pot.

I jumped onto the IP bandwagon a couple of years go while we were still living and traveling our RV.  I was scared to death to use it, but, have found a few go-to recipes for which I absolutely love using it.


One is this recipe from The Salty Marshmallow for their Instant Pot Pulled Pork!


Here's a video of my meal.  Jo's Instant Pot Pulled Pork



And just a few images.  Easiest and tastiest pulled pork!  

For this particular recipe I used pork butt.  Usually I use pork tenderloin.  Both produce similar results, but the mister liked this round with the butt better.  It is a thicker, more dense piece of meat it seem to me than the tenderloin, and, so maybe really responds well to the  pressure cooker.









The resulting sauce made from this meal was delicious.  I had so much I use it to marinate a nice 2' thick steak, and froze the rest.  


As a side, I made Rudy's Creamed Corn and also some

Check out the links for those two dishes. 


Comments

Popular Posts