Day one: bread.

    As I was when I first purchased my Instant Pot, I was a bit apprehensive to even touch this pretty, blue dutch oven.  But, she's Madde to cook, so here we go...

I broke the seal and chose something simple to begin my journey with cuisine.

A simple baked bread.  Smells lovely.  Click here for recipe. 


Dough hook on my KitchenAid Professional mixer (thanks mom and dad).



This is a very simple bead, only 4 ingredients...
water, flour, yeast, and salt.


Medium setting


 for a 5-10 minute kneading.  


...and, wait.


Rise 2-4 hours.  It didn't rise much, didn't double in size.


Baked at 450˚ covered, then 375˚ until brown with a 200˚ interior. 


Mmmmmmmmm, nice crunchy exterior and soft in the middle.  Probably a bit more dense than I'd like...and I think that's because it just didn't rise as much as it should have.  But, surprisingly tasty for such limited ingredients!  















Comments

Popular Posts