Cooking and Covid


Cooking and Covid

 
Well, it was inevitable. Two of this clan have Covid.  Well, at least two anyway.  Still waiting on some test results for the rest of us.  Luckily, so far, we are suffering nothing more than the common cold or allergies for symptoms.  

But, one lab-test-positive victim claims to have lost his sense of taste.  

To verify, I had him eat a spoonful of raw horseradish, and he didn't wince.  He could somewhat taste the salt and vinegar chips, but they weren't as potent.  And his hot dog had zero flavor.  

So, I thought I'd think about a taste test that might see what buds are working more than the others, and try to tailor some meals to suit those still awake.   I don't want to make some thing so spicy he eats it, but regrets it later.  




From left to right we have sugar, lemon juice, coffee, Worcestershire sauce, and salt.
The blindfolded test-subject identified the sugar, but the lemon had no real lemony taste.  The coffee had no taste at all to him, and the Worcestershire sauce had something, because he made quite the face.  The salt he identified, but not right away.  So, what does this tell us?  I have no idea.  I guess I'll just cook what ever I want.  But, we'll make it healthy for this Covid fam.


Comments

Popular Posts